Integrity, Ideally

Small thoughts about large issues

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

Sunday, March 21, 2004

In keeping with my bimonthly updating schedule, here's a post. I've been busy reading research material for a project I'm undertaking, starting next Fall; A History of the Car Radio. Two and a half years of cultural studies courses have taught me to use the article "a" instead of "the" when talking about an historical work. Anthro(a)pology, indeed.

I'm very excited to avoid reading Jayson Blair's sob story, available at bookshops across the nation. The only comment I have so far is that I find it amusing that he complained about book reviewers criticizing him instead of his book. I fail to see the difference, when the book is precisely ABOUT himself. Perhaps this book is just another creative exercise in his long history of doing so.

Ken Auletta's book that I mentioned before, Back Story, isn't very useful. All of the articles are horribly out of date. "Fox News has a conservative bias!" Gee, thanks for pointing that out, Ken.

Ben Bagdikian has graciously decided to put out a seventh edition of The Media Monopoly, due out in May. I'm genuinely excited for its arrival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home