Integrity, Ideally

Small thoughts about large issues

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Howard Dean is Coming Back

I was watching the Eastern Caucus for the Democratic National Committee this weekend. Howard Dean, former governor of Vermont and candidate for the Democratic nomination in 2004, (for those of you who have already forgotten) is gunning for the chair of the Democratic National Committee. The first thing he said when he reached the podium was, "I hate the republicans and I hate everything they stand for." Perhaps if he would have said something like that a little louder during his campaign for nomination, we would have had a much different result in the primaries and the election as a whole. Oh well.

At least David Leland and Wellington Webb are supporting Dean, now that they have dropped out of the race themselves. Martin Frost, who I thought had the best overall mission statement (audition, if you'd rather) of any of the candidates thus far, isn't "officially" endorsing Dean at the moment. I suspect that will change in the next few days. Minnesota's DFL supports Dean in total. At least they're unified on that. If only they could get together on real issues.

The Minnesota Young DFL meeting is at the end of the month. I'm interested to see what we'll be entrusted in accomplishing in preparation for 2008. Perhaps I can find some suburban folks to help me on my progressive suburbs project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home